JAMES L. POCRASS
For more than three decades Jim Pocrass has obtained multi-million dollar results for people who – because of no fault of their own – have suffered serious personal injuries and for families who have lost a loved one to a wrongful death.
A BICYCLE ENTHUSIAST
Jim’s own experiences as a recreational cyclist and as a bike attorney who has represented hundreds of cyclists who suffered serious personal injuries while riding, led him to become active in the bike community. On the board of the directors of the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Jim is in the forefront of helping to make Los Angeles a bike-friendly community.
Jim’s commitment to bicycling has made Pocrass & De Los Reyes a familiar name as the sponsor of many bike events and bike programs for such organizations as the:
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
- California Bicycle Coalition
- Santa Monica Spokes
- Finish the Ride
- StreetsAreForEveryone.org – SAFE
- Southern California Cyclocross
- West Hollywood Bicycle Coalition
- Walk Bike Long Beach
- Multicultural Communities for Mobility
- Culver City Bicycle Coalition
A MOTORCYCLE ADVOCATE
Though these days Jim Pocrass doesn’t get out on his bike as often as he would like, the fever still burns for those long, winding rides through the canyons.
Having handled many, many motorcycle accidents during his career, Jim knows first-hand the attraction for the bike in spite of its potential dangers.
Pocrass & De Los Reyes is becoming a fixture in the Los Angeles motorcycle community. Jim often can be found speaking at motorcycle clubs and motorcycle shops, and sponsoring various bike events.
ADVOCATING FOR AVIATION ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Jim Pocrass, a qualified commercial pilot and an accomplished aviation enthusiast, brings in-depth experience to the area of aviation law.
Jim also is highly skilled in dealing with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), and the government regulatory and investigatory processes.
TOUGH DEMANDS FOR SERIOUS INJURIES
When demanding accountability from corporations, healthcare professionals, insurers, and commercial interests, Jim Pocrass puts his MBA to good use. His business acumen allows him to maximize the financial compensation for his clients.
Jim Pocrass’s courtroom skills as a presenter of complex fact patterns and his engaging demeanor have earned him the respect of his fellow trial lawyers, on both sides of the Bar, as demonstrated by the repeated honors he has earned.
- Top 100: Southern California Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2017
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, 2010 – 2017
- Best Law Firms In America, U.S. News & World Report, 2015 – 2017
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2014 – 2017
- Martindale Hubble, AV-Preeminent Rating
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS:
- All California State Courts
- California Court of Appeal, Ninth District
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Tax Court
- State Bar of California, 1973
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 1973
- University of Southern California, MBA, 1971
- California State University, Northridge, BA, 1970
- Commercial Pilots License, California, 1969
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Board of Directors, 2014 – present
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Board of Directors, Vice President, 2017
- Beverly Hills Rotary Club
- West Valley Flyers Club
- Coachella Valley Flyers
- Radio Controlled Airplane Pilot
- Jewish Home for the Aging, Guardian
- Radio Controlled Airplanes
“In my trials I leave no stone unturned when telling the whole story of my client’s injuries. I believe in the jury system and have the utmost respect for their capacity.”
– Jim Pocrass
Complete this form or call