Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers
The insurance attorneys at Pocrass & De Los Reyes are expert at taking on insurance companies for unfair insurance practices.
Unfair Insurance Practices
These unfair insurance practices may include:
- Cancelling your insurance or wrongfully refusing to pay when you need medical treatment.
- Cancelling or wrongfully refusing to pay for coverage after a fire, earthquake, flood, or other disaster.
- Cancelling your insurance or wrongfully refusing to pay when you are in a car accident or motorcycle accident.
- Broker negligence.
- Your insurance company refusing to defend you against a claim against your policy.
- Unreasonable delay in paying a claim.
- Your liability insurance company failing to settle a claim within your policy limits.
- Withholding important information about benefits.
- Failing to offer the fair value of a claim.
Whether the denied coverage involves your homeowners, auto, life, disability, medical, long-term care, business interruption, or liability insurance, you have the right to expect your insurance company to deal with you in good faith. To talk to an insurance bad faith attorney about your insurance issues, contact us for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
How Long Do I have Before I Have to File a Lawsuit?
Though this may be a very difficult time, it is important that you talk to an insurance bad faith lawyer as soon as possible.
The sooner you go to a lawyer who is successful at insurance bad faith cases and unfair insurance practices, the sooner your lawyer can begin to preserve evidence, get witness statements, and take the burden of your legal case off your shoulders.
There also are statutes of limitations (deadlines) in all insurance bad faith cases. If you do not file your case by the deadline, you give up all rights to ever file a case.
Cost of an Insurance Bad Faith Attorney
The insurance bad faith attorneys at Pocrass & De Los Reyes take insurance bad faith cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay nothing until your case is resolved.
The insurance bad faith attorneys at Pocrass & De Los Reyes are well-respected and successful. They have earned multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients.
Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. Let us help you get the financial compensation you expected when you purchased your insurance.
Bad Faith Insurance
Q: Is “bad faith insurance” and “unfair insurance practices” the same thing?
A: For the most part, yes. The consumer is just more used to hearing it called “unfair insurance practices.”
Q: If an insurance company acts in bad faith, what kind of damages may be available to me?
A: The law says that an insurance company must deal in good faith with its clients. If it doesn’t, the consumer may be eligible for:
- Actual damages – compensation awarded for the actual losses due to the contract not being honored.
- Special damages – compensation awarded for losses because you were deprived of the contract’s benefits.
- Punitive damages – compensation awarded as punishment to the insurance company for treating a consumer in bad faith.
Q: My insurance company is refusing to defend me in a motor vehicle accident. Don’t they have to defend me?
A: Usually your insurance company has a duty to defend a lawsuit. There are exceptions to this, so contact an insurance bad faith attorney at Pocrass & De Los Reyes for a free, no-obligation consultation about the specifics of your case.
Q: Can a victim of bad faith insurance be a business?
A: A victim of bad faith insurance can be a business or an individual.
Contact Us for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.