Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
Burn injuries can happen anywhere: in the home, at work, on vacation, or on the road. Often a burn injury is caused by carelessness, negligence, or a defective product.
A burn injury attorney at Pocrass & De Los Reyes will understand the distinctive nature of your burn injuries. When they take your case, you are charged nothing until your case is resolved, no matter how long it takes or how much money is necessary to bring your case to a successful resolution. Contact a burn injury attorney today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
Common Burn Injuries Result From:
- Scalding Hot Water: the leading cause of burns by a liquid.
- Smoke Inhalation: the lungs can be burned by the heat from the flames or by breathing in hot air, which contains poisonous carbon monoxide.
- Radiation Burns: from being over-exposed to X-rays, CT scans and MRIs.
- Electrical Burns: from being exposed to high volts of electricity from electric lines, outlets, electrical cords, or batteries.
- Propane Gas Explosions: from leaks, faulty equipment, or not being installed correctly.
- Chemical Burns: some of the most serious types of burns. They can be caused industrial chemicals, such as acids, alkali, silver nitrate, lye, and lime, or by household products, including some cleaning products, drain products, and fertilizers.
- Vehicle Explosions: often caused by defective equipment, leaks, electrical malfunctions. These are particularly dangerous because they can be fueled by gasoline leaks. Vehicle explosions also may occur while you are working on a vehicle or because of a collision.
- Fire: one out of every 13 structure fires are set by children. One-third of all preschool child deaths by fire are caused by children playing with fire.
The Special Nature of Burn Injuries
Of all the serious personal injuries someone can experience, burn injuries are certainly one of the most painful and the most expensive to treat.
It is estimated that initial hospitalization and doctors’ fees cost a burn patient more than $200,000. And that doesn’t even include repeated hospitalizations for reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation.
If you or someone you care about has suffered a burn injury, it may take months – if not years – to recover from the experience and to be able to work again.
Compensation for a Burn Injury
With the huge expense of a burn injury, compensation for the burn injury caused by the carelessness or negligence of another is critical to your recovery.
You may be eligible to obtain compensation from the wrongdoer for:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages and Benefits
- Pain and Suffering
- Adaptive Equipment
The burn injury attorneys at Pocrass & De Los Reyes will investigate the cause of your injuries and assess the life-long implications and consequences of your injuries. We assemble a team of experts to present testimony in such areas as accident reconstruction, medicine, psychiatry, and product engineering to prove your case.
Free Consultation with a Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
The sooner you contact a Los Angeles burn injury attorney at Pocrass & De Los Reyes to represent you, the better. Your attorney will begin collecting evidence and witness statements, and begin the investigation into the causes of your burn injury.
It also is important that you contact a Los Angeles burn injury attorney soon because the law imposes a statute of limitations (deadline), but which time you must bring your lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, you give up your rights forever to bring a lawsuit against the wrongdoer.
The burn injury attorneys at Pocrass & De Los Reyes take cases on a contingency basis. This means you pay nothing until your lawsuit is resolved.
Contact a burn injury attorney for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
We represent Californians throughout the state, and, if necessary, we will come to you wherever you may be located.
Burn Accident Results
$2.8 Million Settlement
Bathtub scald injury in which our client suffered severe burn injuries from scalding water in a bathtub at a hotel.
Premises Liability – Burn Injuries
A server spilled scalding coffee on our client’s hand at a restaurant in Downtown Los Angeles
An electrician was working on a lighted sign in a mall in Palm Springs and was electrocuted by a live wire.
Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation. At Pocrass & De Los Reyes, you pay nothing until your case is resolved.
* This does not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.
Beware of Burn Injuries
- The most dangerous room in the house for a newborn to children age 4 is the kitchen. The bathroom is the second most dangerous area to children.
- The leading cause of accidental death in the home for children from birth to age 4 is scalding hot water.
- For children from age 5 to adults age 74, burn accidents happen most frequently outside. The kitchen is the second most dangerous area to this age group.
- The leading cause of accidental death for children 14 years old and younger is fire and burns.
- When a person turns 60, the risk of a burn injury increases to about the same rate as for a child. The average size of the burn is also typically larger for this age group than for any other age group.